Immune Support to Lessen Your Risk
As you may have been hearing, it is not just seniors or cancer patients that are at a greater risk with COVID-19 virus. This certainly (and should) raise concern/question for all. This is similar to a flu season, those that do get the flu vary in symptoms and duration. Some can get rid of it in a few days with few symptoms and others have long drawn out symptoms for weeks to months.
Why is this?
Well just like the flu, with COVID-19 it is being discovered that populations recognized at greater risk are those with insufficient micro-nutrients (especially zinc). This is very common to those with underlying medical conditions, even if feeling ok on a day to day basis with treatments.
Medical researcher Beth Ellen DiLuglio, in her research of COVID-19, recognized some common medical conditions (a non-exhaustive list) that could have a greater susceptible risk of COVID-19:
asthmatics cardiac disorders diabetes obesity
inflammatory bowel disorder hypertension takers of ACE Inhibitors
Zinc is involved in over 300 metabolic processes in the body. One of its crucial roles is with the immune system. Zinc is needed for normal development and function of cells that deal with immunity, specifically neutrophils and natural killer cells.
Statistics show, 35-45% of population 60+ years are zinc deficient and in US approximately 10% population consume less then RDA. It should be recognized, consumption and absorption are two very different factors to consider.
Common Reasons for Zinc deficiency
- populations over 60+ (weakened digestive system = not absorbing nutrients)
- bowel/GI disorders (have difficulty absorbing nutrients)
- vegetarians (highest food sources of zinc: red meat, dairy, eggs)
- taking ACE Inhibitors (these use up zinc resources)
- alcohol and coffee excessive consumption (depletes zinc stores)
- high grain/soy diet (non-traditional prepared) (these bind minerals making them harder to absorb)
- oral contraceptives (these deplete zinc)
Common Signs of Zinc deficiency
- poor / loss of taste and smell
- white spots on finger nails
- slow cut/wound healing
- high blood pressure
- susceptible to cold, flu, infection
- serum zinc levels below optimal levels 80 ug/dl (standard 60)
- serum Alkaline Phosphatase (Alk Phos) below 70 U/L (standard 35)
How to Get your Zinc (and other micronutrients)
- It is NOT recommended to just upload Zinc, doing so can cause a nutrient imbalance (such as copper)
- It’s best to get your zinc from food/natural sources
- An excellent food grade source for vegetarians and non-vegetarians is
BIOSUPERFOOD is a whole “clean” food product composed of four of the most nutrient and phytonutrient dense algae (water plants) found on earth. In addition to containing numerous trace minerals, it has a high digestible and usable whole food protein content (90%). It is rich in anti-oxidants, contains some of most vitamins including A, B, C, D, K. The nutritional benefits of this superfood goes on. More information on BIOSUPERFOOD can be found with CoeDynamics by clicking (formula 1 or formula 2)
- If you relate to any of the common reasons/signs of zinc deficiency a safe short term highly absorbable Zinc is Premier Zinc Assay. Premier Zinc is not formulated with poorly absorbed oxide or carbonate but rather made with zinc sulfate heptahydrate, a hydrated form of zinc sulfate, that is water soluble. Daily dosages should be under 20 mg and is most optimal with multi-nutrient formula like BioSuperfood. More information on Premier Zinc Assay can be found with CoeDynamics by clicking here.
Functional Lab Analysis* is an effective prevention tool to identify early system imbalances (before disease or chronic illness), can identify root drivers to your health symptom(s) and identify nutrient deficiencies. A variety of lab panels and Functional Analysis is available with
for more information or to order email: pilates@coe-dynamicsor call 424.903.3104
Tracy Coe, CPT-PMA, C-QRA Wellness & Nutrition PractitionerCoeDynamics
Tracy Coe of CoeDynamics in Manhattan Beach is a Certified QRA Nutrition and Functional Health Practitioner, Functional Blood Lab Analysis, who’s passion is to support the community in educating and providing professional documented and researched options of whole foods, cleansing, and toxicity prevention to support short/long term health and vitality for the individual and family. For more information email email@example.com or call 424.903.3104
Health statements on this page have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The health information and products on this site is for education purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. It is solely informational in nature Tracy Coe and CoeDynamics assumes no responsibility in treatment or cure of any disease or illness. The information provided verbally, written, electronically is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please consult your health care practitioner before engaging in any treatments or nutritional product mentioned or suggested in these messages.References: