5 ways Pilates changes our bodies
If you haven’t tried Pilates yet, there are many reasons to move forward with this amazing workout. Here are a few of the benefits that reformer Pilates workouts and other classes can have on your body.
1. In Pilates classes, we focus on the smaller muscles groups that stabilize the body. These are often overlooked in other workouts, so when you begin your Pilates practice, your body shape starts to change. A great example is that many movements focus on the hip flexor muscles, which therefore give your glutes a perkier, curvier shape.
2. Pilates is a full-body workout—the movements are designed to help students achieve an even musculature overall.
3. Pilates builds strength, flexibility and tone, without adding bulk. The movements actually help develop a leaner, more elongated look while enabling you to move with greater ease in all your daily activities. This results in improved balance and grace.
4. Pilates workouts improve your posture, which makes you look taller and enhances spine health. You’ll also appear leaner, and some students even gain a tiny bit of height once they learn to stand straighter.
5. Pilates helps to flatten your abs. Pilates moves target the deepest layer of the core musculature, which over time, teaches you to automatically pull your abs inwards to your spine and stay there.
Ready to experience the changes Pilates can affect on your body? Click here for more information and to sign up for one of our Pilates classes.